Who said white sangria is only for summer?! You’ll love this crisp, autumn-inspired apple sangria cocktail that is very simple to make. My friend Nichole and I enjoyed it last weekend — our men liked it too, although they mostly stuck to their seasonal brew.
If you know your apples, this is probably a fun cocktail for you to make. Want it sweet? Try Macintosh. Sour? Granny Smith. I personally like the tart, sweet mixture so I chose to use granny smith and gala apples.
It’s a refreshing cocktail to sip as you prepare Thanksgiving dinner, just don’t forget to munch on the crispy wine soaked apples!
- 1 bottle of Riesling (can substitute Pinot Grigio)
- 1 granny smith apple, julienne
- 1 gala apple, julienne
- 1 bottle of brut champagne (can substitute sparkling wine)
- Pour entire bottle of Riesling into a large pitcher and stir in the apples.
- Place in the fridge for 2-3 hours (or up to 24 hours).
- When ready to serve, pour in 1 bottle of champagne, stir and enjoy!
- Suggestion: Don’t throw away the fruit — eat those Riesling-soaked apples!