A quick dipping sauce recipe that’s perfect for spring rolls or dumplings. The base is hoisin / sweet and sour / peanut sauce. However, in the past I’ve tossed in ground ginger or garlic (if I really wanted to be crazy and pull out the cutting board!).
I’ve been making this dipping sauce for years. I first concocted this because I had steamed dumplings with nothing to dip them in! Then, later on I used this for spring rolls. It’s very versatile, quick and easy. My three favorite recipe words!
This is a favorite of mine – I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 5 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 5 tablespoons sweet and sour sauce
- 3 tablespoons peanut sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Optional: 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 garlic clove, minced
- (This is an easy one) Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Give the sauce a taste and adjust ingredients to your liking.