You always hear people say to enjoy the simple things in life. For Hubs and I, that’s a bagel quiche and a piping hot coffee curled up on the couch on a Sunday morning. Cool morning air, warm blankets pooling around our legs and a delicious slice on heaven in a bagel for breakfast. It doesn’t get much better than that. 🙂
I remembered seeing the concept for bagel quiches on Pinterest a few weeks ago, and I’m so happy I thought to make them as they officially earned their place on Hubs’ Favorites category (which is getting pretty exclusive, if you ask him).
You start by slicing a bagel in half, then carefully picking away at the insides to create a lazy river for your eggs. Wrap them in foil so you don’t burn the edges, then place on a baking sheet.
This next part is fun. The world is your oyster, as you can include whatever extras you want in your mini quiche (raid your fridge for leftovers, you won’t be disappointed!). We used some fresh spinach, chopped turkey bacon and some extra sharp cheddar cheese. Go wild!
You’ll love this fun take on breakfast: savory eggs cocooned in a bagel is the perfect way to start your morning.
- 2 bagels
- 5 large eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra sharp cheddar, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 slices turkey bacon, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice bagels in half and hollow out the insides. Wrap the bagels with foil (to prevent them from burning) and place them on a baking sheet.
- Using a measuring cup - scramble the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Add your extras, such as cheddar, spinach, red pepper flakes and turkey bacon. Mix well.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture into the hallowed out bagels.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the eggs are set.
- Save leftover bagel quiches in the fridge for up to two days.