A light and crispy snack that’s healthy and delicious! They’re right up there with kale chips, except I’ll call this its sweeter cousin.
I made this last night with just one apple because – well, I only had one apple in my fruit bowl! In retrospect, I would have used 3 or 4 apples considering it takes an hour and a half to make a batch. Ah, c’est la vie.
According to Livestrong.com, there are 137 calories per 1 cup serving of apple chips. Definitely a healthier and smarter alternative to Cinnamon & Sugar Pita Chips. You’ll feel good about snacking on these.
- 1 apple
- 4 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Optional: 1 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 210 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Combine the cinnamon and nutmeg ina small plate (if your adding sugar, add as well).
- Slice the apple very thin with a sharp knife, or use a mandolin. Pick out the seeds and stem.
- Press both sides of the apple slices in the spice mixture. Feel free to rub the spices into the apple, too.
- Evenly lay the apples slices on the baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Flip each slice over and bake for additional 45 minutes. The apple chips will harden even more as they cool. Pile on a dish and enjoy!