Slow cooked for hours, these ribs literally fall off the bone if you’re not too careful brushing them with BBQ sauce. If you’re a beginner rib-maker, then this recipe is for you! Just as long you know how to boil water and butter a slice of toast? Right. Okay, then – gather your ingredients!
First things, first. Lay your rack of pork ribs (2-4lbs, depending on how much you want to make) on a cutting board. Sprinkle it with paprika, light brown sugar, cayenne, salt and pepper.
Then, put the ribs in a slow cooker (meat leaning against the side). Pour your favorite BBQ sauce allllll over it, then cover and set to “LOW.”
Wait 7 hours. Take a nap, run some errands, go to work, exercise because you said you were going to yesterday…
Finally, take those babies out of the slow cooker very carefully and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Brush with some BBQ sauce and place under the broiler for 5 minutes. Brush the ribs with BBQ again, then broil for another 5 minutes until crispy.
And that’s it! See, I told you making ribs isn’t that hard. Hubs went back for seconds, which you know is always my meter for deliciousness!
- 2 or 4 pounds of pork ribs (depending on how much you want to make)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce, divided
- Parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Lay the ribs on a cutting board.
- Mix the spices and sugar together, then generously rub it all over the ribs.
- Place the ribs in a slow cooker (with the meat side facing outside) and pour 1 cup on BBQ sauce all over the ribs.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and set your oven to BROIL.
- Carefully remove the ribs from the slow cooker and place on the foil-lined pan. Brush with 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce.
- Broil the ribs for 5 minutes, then brush them with the remaining 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce and broil again for 5 minutes until crispy.
- Garnish with parsley (optional), then serve immediately with lots of napkins.