For the past two weeks this has been my breakfast of choice – homemade oatmeal! I’ve been mixing berries, nuts and spices to create all sorts of concoctions! But one of my favorites of all was this – Berry & Almond.
There are a few reasons why I love this oatmeal so much, starting with…
- It’s homemade. I know all of the ingredients going into it.
- Sugar control. I don’t like very sweet things, so I’m able to control agave nectar and crasin quantities that add to that sweetness.
- Fresh berries. Who doesn’t love them?
- Quick breakfast. In a matter of 2 minutes I can have this oatmeal prepared and piping hot.
- It’s work friendly. Rather than waking up 10 minutes earlier to eat my breakfast at home, I can put all the ingredients (minus the water) into Tupperware and prepare it at work (and no, I’m not a morning person – those 10 minutes are golden).
You can swap out the nuts and berries for any variety that you like – walnuts, pecans, toasted hazelnuts … blueberries, raspberries, strawberries – making this an extremely healthy and adaptable breakfast for anyone!
- 1/4 cup Old Fashioned Quaker Oats
- 1 tablespoons Crasins
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon agave nectar (or your choice of sugar)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 cup berries (about a loose handful – for this recipe, I used blackberries)
- 1/4 cup water
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, give it a quick stir.
- Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 1 minute.