Ever realize that the best smoothies are the ones with the least amount of ingredients possible? That’s exactly what you’ll get with this Blueberry Banana Smoothie — one frozen banana, a handful of frozen blueberries, some healthy wheat germ, scoops of Greek yogurt, dash of milk and a drizzle of honey later, you’ll be looking at a gorgeous purple smoothie.
Presentation is everything, right? 🙂
Whether enjoyed at breakfast, as an afternoon snack or post-workout refreshment, you”l gulp down this smoothie in one sitting (well, I did so I’m assuming you will, too – hehe!). Don’t forget the sprig of mint as the finishing touch!
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1/8 cup frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Drizzle (about 1 teaspoon) honey
- Optional: Mint spring
- Using a blender, pulse all of the ingredients until smooth.
- Taste test. If the smoothie is too thick, add a splash of milk.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass, garnish with a sprig of mint and serve.