This is by far my favorite pizza right now… spicy sausage, spoonfuls of ricotta, thin slices of mozzarella, sauteed broccolini with garlic… it’s heavenly goodness in each bite!
I’m a huge sucker for pizza night. Unless you’re offering to take me to a favorite restaurant (hello, Huntley Taverne!), I will opt for homemade pizza any night of the week. Waist lines may disagree, but tastebuds just scream for more!
Making this pizza is super-duper easy. First grab your dough and roll it out.
Press some chopped garlic into the dough (you won’t regret this step). Drop spoonfuls of ricotta on the plain dough and flatten them out.
Spread the pizza sauce around the ricotta, then pile on the mozzarella, broccolini and sausage.
Bake for 11ish minutes, then top with julienned basil before serving.
Stare into that closeup and I guarantee you’ll add a pizza night to your menu this week. Mmmmm!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 bunch of broccolini, cut into florets
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped AND 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Pizza dough (frozen or homemade)
- 2 sausage links, casings removed (note: I used hot turkey sausage)
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 4-5 basil leaves, julienne
- Begin by drizzling the olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Sauté the broccolini florets for about 5 minutes. In the last minute, add the 1 chopped garlic clove. Set broccolini aside in a separate bowl/plate.
- In the same pan, add the sausage. Use a spoon or spatula to break up the sausage into small pieces. Cook until browned, drain any oil left in the pan.
- Meanwhile, roll the pizza dough out on a pizza pan or stone. Press the garlic into the dough.
- Spoon heaping tablespoons of the ricotta onto the dough, scattering circles on the pie.
- Spread the pizza sauce between the ricotta circles. Add the thin slices of mozzarella, followed by the sauteed broccolini and crumbled sausage.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the crust is a light golden brown and/or the cheese is completely melted and slightly bubbling.
- Top pizza with basil and serve immediately.