I absolutely LOVE all of the pastel colors that come out this time of year! Every store is packed with pastel dishes, home accents, Easter decorations… and then there you are pushing a shopping cart with your pastel colored nail polish, loving life and hoarding every bunny knickknack in sight.
Naturally the next step in my current obsession of all things pastel and bunnies, I just *had* to make this fabulous Bunny Bark! The easiest, most adorable dessert that would look so perfect piled high in a trifle bowl.
Earlier this week I brought a huge Tupperware container of Bunny Bark to work where it received rave reviews, PLUS at home Hubs and his friends loved it. Those my testimonials. 🙂
Making this sweet treat is so easy. Begin with a wax lined baking sheet. Crush some Oreos. Toss in pretzel sticks. Throw in some M&Ms.
Pour melted chocolate on top. Toss the mixture up, then smooth it out again. Sprinkle some M&Ms and sprinkles on top… and voilà! You put the whole baking sheet in the fridge to harden overnight, then break it up to eat!
In honor of my own bunny growing up, to my family and friends I’m going to call this my “Crystal” Bunny Bark! I loved her to pieces, even though she ate through countless wires, torn up carpet corners , attacked my brother (LOL) and ate half of my Mom’s favorite dress draped near her cage.
- Cover a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Evenly spread the broken Oreos and pretzel sticks. Scatter about 1/2 cup of the M&Ms on top as well.
- Melt the white chocolate using a DIY double boiler or microwave. Stir until smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto the Oreo/pretzel/M&M layer on the baking sheet. Quickly use a spatula to give the mixture a good toss. Then, spread it out onto one even layer again.
- While the chocolate is still melted, sprinkle the remaining M&Ms on top as well as the pastel sprinkles.
- Put the entire baking sheet in the fridge overnight.
- Once hardened, break the bark into rough pieces and enjoy!
- Store in an air tight container.