‘Tis the season to be baking! You’ll love this easy five ingredient fudge – with a white chocolate base, it has a hint of peppermint with tiny flecks of candy cane throughout. Oh, and who can forget its swirly chocolate top with even more crushed candy canes?
To begin, combine the white chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a large pot over medium-low heat. Stir until completely smooth and melted.
Next, take the pot off the heat and add peppermint extract and crushed candy canes (save a handful for the very end!).
Lastly, pour the fudge into a prepared 8×8 baking dish. Top with semi-sweet chocolate chips and use a knife to swirl them around. Sprinkle the leftover candy canes on top. After about three hours in the fridge (or overnight), slice it up into adorable squares.
Enjoy and Merry Christmas!
- 8 Hershey's Chocolate Mint Candy Canes (or your favorite variety)
- 3 cups white chocolate chips
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with foil or parchment paper. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Using a mini food processor (or old-fashioned zip lock bag and hard object), crush the candy canes.
- In a medium pot over medium-low heat, combine the white chocolate chips and condensed milk. Stir frequently until the chips are melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat, then add the peppermint extract and crushed candy canes (reserve a handful to top fudge). Stir well.
- Spread the fudge in the prepared pan. Top with semi-sweet chocolate chips and gently swirl them into the fudge. Sprinkle remaining candy cane pieces on top.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap and chill for 3 hours, or overnight. Cut into squares.
- Stores in refrigerator for up to one week.