It’s the weekend. You deserve more than a bowl of cereal or oatmeal. Forget the English muffin, egg whites or dry toast; put aside the granola bar and yogurt cup. With hints of cardamom, vanilla and cinnamon, this chai spiced french toast will make your house smell like an autumn candle. Absolutely amazing.
Pour yourself a cup of coffee, crack open the fridge, pull out your whisk and start making this fabulous french toast. 🙂
- 5 slices bread
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamom (alternative: allspice)
- Pinch of salt
- For serving: Maple syrup and powdered sugar
- Whisk eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, cardamom and salt.
- Melt pads of butter in a skillet over medium high heat – enough to coat the surface.
- Gently dip each slice of quinoa bread into the egg mixture. Place on skillet and cook for 2-4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately, with a sprinkle of powdered sugar for decoration and maple syrup to taste.