There’s nothing better than a cheesy, warm dip at a party (hello, Super Bowl!). I’ve been making this one for years, adapting and tweaking it ever so slightly.
You’ll love how easy this recipe is – mixing a bunch of ingredients in a bowl, spooning it into an oven safe dish and baking it until it’s all gooey.
There’s a secret, crunchy ingredient in there. Something you wouldn’t ordinarily find in a spinach and artichoke dip, but makes ALL the difference. See if your friends and family notice that it’s… water chestnuts!
- 14 ounces (1 can) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 10 ounces (1 package) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or 3/4 cup if you want extra cheesy)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 3 or 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 or 1/2 teaspoon pepper flakes (add more to your liking)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all of the ingredients together. Spoon into a 9-inch square or pie dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until heated through and golden.
- Serve with pita chips, crackers or fresh veggies.