A new year, a new… diet? Promises to go to the gym more often? How about simply weaving healthy choices into every day life? Now that’s more realistic, at least for Hubs and I.
This chia seed pudding is a breakfast and snack, all rolled up as one. Topped with fresh berries or a handful of granola, you’ll love the subtle hints of sweetness. Deciding to nibble on this, rather than a bag of chips or sugar-loaded cereal bar, will leave you filling goooood inside.
To make this pudding, simply combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Serve it up the same way you would with yogurt: topped with nuts, granola, berries, cinnamon, etc.
New to chia seeds? Or a bit skeptical because of the Chia Pet? This is a great recipe to get your feet wet, you trendy eater, you!
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- Berries, for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond milk, yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla and salt. Stir well.
- Add the chia seeds, stir well.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Enjoy with fresh berries.