This is the perfect summer side dish that’s both refreshing and healthy. This bean salad is sweet and savory (thanks, pineapple and salt!) and is the perfect contribution to a BBQ or pulled pork sandwich.
I was particularly excited to steal a few leaves off of my first basil plant of the year. Fresh basil has to be my favorite herb to grow, smell and eat. Fresh caprese salad, pesto, oh the dishes are endless!
Enjoy this healthy bean salad and give your new year’s resolution a confident nod!
- 1 can (15 ounces) red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) white cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple slices, diced and squeezed to remove most juice (with 2 tablespoons of reserved pineapple juice)
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 basil leaves, julienne
- Mix all of the ingredients together – beans, pineapple, reserved pineapple juice, onion, oil, salt and basil.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking. Serve chilled.