Are recipes for pudding cookies everywhere, or is it just me? Anyway, I couldn’t resist. These Chocolate Pudding Cookies are chocolatey and the white chocolate chips MAKE them. If you don’t have those in your cabinet, may I suggest saving your bake fest for another day. White chocolate really makes that big of a difference!
And so, it’s Sunday (again) with five days between me and a 5pm Friday (again). Weekends go by TOO fast! At least I’ll have chocolate cookies to nibble on all week. They’ll be my treat in the low-carb diet Hubs and I are trying out. That’s something to look forward to, right?
Enjoy these – they’re delicious. Especially with an old school glass of milk. And now I leave you for… The Oscars.
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (3.4 ounce) instant chocolate pudding
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I mixed mine up – 1 cup white chocolate chips & 1/2 cup semi-sweet chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter, light brown sugar and white sugar. Add the eggs, then mix in instant chocolate pudding.
- Whisk the cocoa powder, baking soda and flour together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, then fold in the chocolate chips (note: the batter will be stiff, but that’s OK!).
- Roll the dough into 1″ balls. Place about 2-3 inches apart on the baking sheet. Bake for 8-12 minutes.
- Let cool on cookie rack. Store covered with plastic wrap or in Tupperware.