‘Tis the season for everything merry! I was feeling particularly festive this weekend morning when I whipped out my cookie cutters to make this Christmas French Toast. 🙂
I followed my Chai Spiced French Toast recipe, which is so easy to throw together. Crispy outside, soft inside. Just perrrrrfect.
Use whatever Christmas cookie cutters you have handy. I had a tree and mini gingerbread men. Start off by cutting those little guys out (tip: press and wiggle for a clean cut).
Once you have your cutouts done, throw your egg mixture together and get your pan hot with pads of butter.
Cook on each side until golden brown, then serve with heaps of maple syrup and a sprinkle of powered sugar.
- 5 slices bread
- Cookie cutters
- 2 large eggs, beaten well
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamom (alternative: allspice)
- Pinch of salt
- For serving: Maple syrup and powdered sugar
- Whisk eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, cardamom and salt.
- Using small cookie cutters, cut shapes out of the bread.
- Melt pads of butter in a skillet over medium high heat – enough to coat the surface.
- Gently dip each Christmas Tree/Gingerbread Man cut outs into the egg mixture. Place on skillet and cook for 2-4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately, with a sprinkle of powdered sugar for decoration and maple syrup to taste.