An easy beef and broccoli recipe that is literally “set it and forget it.” Some days you truly don’t feel like cooking and you long for a “set it and forget it” dinner. Or someone to cook for you. Or you may fantasize about having a personal chef. That cooks and cleans. And does your laundry. Ok, ok… I’m coming back down to Earth now!
This easy, peasy beef and broccoli is an awesome weeknight recipe. For me, the hardest part for me was picking out the type of cut at the grocery store. I may or may not have paced the display counter for 10 minutes. But don’t judge me.
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds of top round beef
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (+2 tablespoons of sauce)
- Broccoli (I used a large bag of frozen broccoli, defrosted)
- Brown rice (optional)
- Slice beef into 1 inch wide strips and arrange in crock pot.
- Whisk together beef broth, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil and garlic. Then pour over beef.
- Cover and cook mixture on LOW heat for 6 to 8 hours.
- Mix together cornstarch and sauce in a small bowl, then transfer back to crock pot. This will help the sauce thicken.
- Add broccoli and mix together (note: careful mixing! for me the beef was very tender and started falling apart).
- Cook for an additional 30 minutes on high heat.
- Serve over brown rice (optional).