Forget the $20, $30 autumn wreaths at the craft store! You can make your own for under $10. The credit for this project goes entirely to my Mom, who pieced together the grapevine wreath with the beads that we bought at Michael’s (tip: if Michael’s is your craft store, there are coupons in the Sunday newspaper or via the Michael’s App for 40% off a single item). My only contribution was the ribbon!
You can even carry the wreath over to the winter — just buy festive bead-rope and a metallic bow to match! How’s that for a DIY wreath?
- 1 grapevine wreath (find them in various sizes in a craft store by the fake flowers)
- 1 autumn bead rope
- 1 autumn-esque bow
- 1 wreath holder
- First decide where you want your bow — on the side? On the top-middle? On the bottom-middle?
- Once decided, string your bead rope around the sections that won’t be covered by the bow. Twist the rope around branches to secure in place.
- Adjust the beads so that they’re all facing forward.
- Tie your bow in place and hang your wreath on a door hanger!
- Re-purpose the grapevine wreath each year! View some of Fancy Fork's wreaths here.