Fruit flies are annoying and sometimes feel impossible to get rid of. Until now.
I discovered a pin — which is probably my most favorite pin of the month — that shows you how to get rid of pesky fruit flies once and for all.
I’ve tried this DIY trap twice and it works like a charm. I think every restaurant and pub around the world should have these set up. So here’s how you do it:
Gather the following supplies:
- Jar or glass (I used a champagne glass because of its narrow opening)
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp powered sugar
- 1 slice of banana
- 1 piece of computer paper
Follow these easy steps and get excited. You’re about to get rid of your pesky intruders!
- Mix the red wine vinegar and powered sugar in your glass, then add the slice of banana.
- Roll the piece of computer paper into a funnel and place it in the glass. Once the funnel expands to the edges, tape it in place.
- Put the glass where the fruit flies are gathering and let it do its job. You’ll be amazed at how quickly it works — the fruit flies are attracted to the smell of the fruit and climb down the funnel. But, for some strange reason they don’t fly back up the funnel to get out.