I had some leftover scrapbook paper from my DIY Ticket Shadowbox project, so I decided to turn it into a homemade Christmas ornament.
I love that aside from the extra ornament that I had to buy, everything in this craft is a leftover piece from something else. It really pays to hang onto your paper scraps!
If you have time and you’re feeling extra crafty, decorate the ribbon strips with glitter or quotes. Or, instead of scrapbook paper use the pages from an old book. The possibilities are endless. Aren’t DIY Christmas ornaments so much fun?
Prepare to curl some ribbon…
Make some pipe cleaner circles…
But, make sure to tuck them in.
And then hang your pretty ornament on your Christmas tree!
- 1 sheet of scrapbook paper
- 4 silver pip cleaners, cut in half
- Hot glue gun
- 1 glass Christmas ornament
- 6″ long holiday ribbon
- Cut the scrapbook paper into 1″ – 1-1/2″ strips.
- Curl each paper strip into a tight coil and drop them into the ornament.
- Curl each 1/2 piece of pipe cleaner into a circle, tucking the end around the circle to secure it.
- Place the pipe cleaner circles evenly around the ornament (tip: use a pipe cleaner to move it around).
- Once the ornament is full, line the neck of the ornament with hot glue and secure the top in place.
- Tie the holiday ribbon around the top loop and hang on your tree.