I’m always looking for a versatile side to go with meaty mains, and these roasted potatoes and carrots are just that!
Growing up, this was something my Mom made all the time. I don’t know exactly how she made it, but her roasted potatoes and carrots was something that was devoured as soon as it hit the table. I tried my best to re-create it, and Hubs totally approved.
Enjoy this sweater weather side dish, it’ll warm your bones!
- 8 carrots, peeled and sliced into 5-6 inch strips
- 5-6 small potatoes, chopped (I used a mix of yellow, red and purple)
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, toss the carrots, potatoes, onion and olive oil.
- Spread veggies on the foiled baking sheet. Sprinkle with generous amounts of salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until edges of veggies are slightly charred.