A sweet treat for Halloween’s little ghouls and witches, this cookie bark is sure to please anyone from 1 to 111. Layered pretzels, candy corn, festive sprinkles, Oreos and candied eyeballs are all fused together by creamy white chocolate.
You’ll love how cookie bark can be seasonally adapted (oh, hey, Bunny Bark!); plus, it’s probably the easiest dessert ever.
Begin by lining a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then, toss some crushed Oreos, candy corn and pretzels together. Which, by the way, could totally be a fun party snack all on its own!
Next comes the tricky part that requires a little bit of coordination on your end.
Pour melted white chocolate over the Oreo mixture, quickly tossing it with a spatula to evenly coat, then sprinkling some extra crushed Oreos and festive sprinkles (eyeballs, if you have them!) on top.
At first it looks like a giant mess (and hey, it kinda is), but once it’s chilled in the fridge and broken up into cookie bark bites, you’ll be Hocus Pocus spellbound with a wicked sugar high.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Evenly spread 14 crushed Oreos, pretzels and candy corn on the baking sheet.
- (While the white chocolate is melting, prep your festive "extras" so you have them ready before the chocolate sets.)
- Pour the white chocolate over the crushed Oreo mixture. Toss with a spatula until evenly coated, then spread it out.
- Quickly sprinkle the remaining 2 crushed Oreos on top, followed by sprinkles and any decorative candy you like (I used eyeballs).
- Chill in the fridge, uncovered, overnight or for 3-4 hours.
- Carefully wedge a knife into the bark to break the cookie bark into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.