I’ve been munching on this Hazelnut Banana Bread for an entire week! If you love banana bread, this is a recipe worth trying. It tastes of creamy banana with hints of vanilla with hazelnuts in each bite. And, I can happily say that after a week of making it, it’s still soft, moist and incredibly delicious.
This banana bread is also a perfect hostess or dinner party gift (also consider Cranberry Pumpkin Bread or Chai Spiced Banana Bread — both are so yummy!). Packaged with a bow on top and it’s the gift that keeps on giving all week! That is, if it’s not sliced up and eaten for dessert. 🙂
Breakfast Idea: For a fast weekday breakfast, make this hazelnut banana bread on a Sunday night, along with some Perfect Hard Boil Eggs.
I used whole wheat flour, along with Greek yogurt – so you can thank those two ingredients for earning this recipe a low-fat status!
- 4 ripe bananas, divided (mash 2 of the bananas and set aside)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan.
- Using an electric mixer, mix 2 of the bananas and sugar.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, butter and yogurt and mix well.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Fold in the chopped hazelnuts and the two mashed bananas.
- Pour batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle of the bread.