Who doesn’t love homemade pizza? This homemade margherita pizza so much fun to assemble – zesty tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, flecks of garlic, fresh basil… è deliziosa!
Hubs and I have been trying for a low-carb diet, but even we need our fix from time to time. Yesterday I saw the funniest post on Twitter (follow me here!) – which pretty much sums up how I feel about a zero-carb lifestyle:
If you can make your own pizza dough – or snag some for a local pizzeria – you absolutely won’t regret it. But, if you’re semi-homemade like me, there’s nothing wrong with the store bought variety!
- Pizza dough (I bought my grocery store’s brand – 10 ounce package)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed and cooked
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 4 basil leaves, julienne
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- If you haven’t done so already, cook the chicken. Then roughly chop it and reserve.
- Spread the dough out on a pizza pan. Press the minced garlic into the dough.
- Layer the tomato sauce (add extra if you like), followed by cheese and chopped chicken.
- Bake for 20 minutes until cheese is bubbly or when the underside of the dough is golden (use a spatula to check).
- Sprinkle pizza with basil and serve.