What’s the worst thing about a 7-layer dip? Say it with me: how it all looks like nastiness after just a few dips (I can think of a few things it looks like, but I wont go there for the sake of wanting you to make this!).
But, worry no longer – I have the solution for you. Individual 7 Layer Dips that are absolutely perfect to devour during the game! Or party, or picnic, or wherever it is you enjoy a 7-layer dip.
Have fun and layer your favorite Mexican ingredients. For me, those were refried beans, black olives, extra sharp cheddar cheese, salsa, sour cream, homemade guacamole (it’s the only kind that exists in my book) and lettuce.
Using a solid colored cup is simply unacceptable. You need to show off those vibrant colors! You can find these short plastic cups near the paper plates in your grocery store.
If you’re health conscious and/or picturing your body in an itty-bitty bikini, make this a skinny 7 layer dip by purchasing the “low-fat” refried beans, cheese and sour cream. Honestly, there are so many yummy ingredients in here it’s pretty much impossible to screw it up. So have fun, and serve these at your next party!
- 1 bunch red leaf lettuce, chopped
- Homemade guacamole, made with 2 avocados (recipe here)
- 1 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 1/4 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cans (2.25 ounces) sliced black olives, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- Tortilla chips
- 6 short plastic cups
- Prep all of the ingredients - chop the lettuce, open the cans, make the guacamole.
- Arrange the plastic cups and begin filling, one layer at a time.
- Suggested order: refried beans, sliced black olives, cheddar cheese, salsa, sour cream, guacamole, lettuce.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- The actual ingredient measurements are estimates - feel free to add more or less of your favorite layers!