This is my Italian spin on the classic stir fry… sauteed shrimp, red pepper, garlic, red potato, spinach… it’s a one pan dish that doesn’t disappoint!
Lately my mantra has been to use as many fresh ingredients as possible when cooking. Because, this about it — when are fresh ingredients NOT healthy to eat? It’s my little tactic for smarter eating. And, when local market stands start popping up in the warm summer months, it will be an absolute pleasure to eat that way!
Hubs and I loved this stir fry, and I hope you do as well! Feel free to substitute any fresh veggies you have on hand. Snap peas, broccoli, you name it!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and sliced
- 1 small red potato, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 20 medium shrimp, tail on, deveined
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large pan over medium heat, drizzle the olive oil and add the pepper and potato. Saute for 10 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- Add the garlic to the same pan. Stir and saute until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the potato/pepper/garlic mixture from the pan (place it in a bowl). Add the shrimp to the same pan and cook until the shrimp are pink. While cooking, sprinkle the red pepper flakes on the shrimp.
- Once the shrimp is cooked, add the potato/pepper/garlic mixture back to the pan. Add the spinach, salt and pepper and stir until the spinach is slightly wilted.
- Serve immediately.