Last night I made these quesadillas as an appetizer before dinner… but because they were so filling, they turned into dinner!
Whenever I make tacos I add a can of black beans to the meat — it’s healthy, fills you up faster and tastes really good. Because of that we almost always have leftovers.
Making these quesadillas is super easy! Grab some tortillas, leftover taco meat and some cheese. If you have any leftover chopped onions, grab those, too!
Then, cook! Either on a panini press or in a large pan (just be careful when flipping!).
This would make a really great Sunday football snack for all you fans out there! YUM. YUM. YUM. YUM.
- Leftover taco meat
- 4 Tortillas
- Cheese (I used Monterrey Jack)
- Preheat your griddler to “hot” or “sear” mode. If you don’t have one, but a large pan on a medium burner.
- Arrange meat on a tortilla and sprinkle cheese on it.
- Place another tortilla on top and put on the griddler or on the pan (note: if using a pan, flip the quesadilla with a spatula once browned on bottom).
- Once both sides of the quesadilla are browned, you’re done! Slice it up with a pizza cutter and enjoy with scoops of salsa.