It wouldn’t be the start of football season without a big honking tray of nachos. So, to honor the weeks of lazy football Sundays ahead of us, I bring you Loaded BBQ Chicken Nachos. Piled high with cheddar, scallions, red onion, tomato, black olives, jalapeno and shredded BBQ chicken, this game day snack is a touchdown (har, har!).
You’ll spend most of your time waiting for the oven to reach the 375 F temperature and prepping all of the “extras.” There is no right or wrong way to assemble these nachos, but I do recommend layering the chips so every bite has a little something-something on them (photo below – BEFORE cooking).
You’ll love this crowd-friendly snack that’s perfect for any party or lazy afternoon.
- 1 bag (about 9 ounces) tortilla chips
- 3 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 sprigs scallions, chopped
- 1/4 of a red onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken, mixed with your favorite BBQ sauce
- 2 tomatoes, sliced in half, squeezed and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 2.25 ounces sliced black olives, drained
- Extras: Sour cream, salsa and/or guacamole
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Spread half of the tortilla chips on the baking sheet. Cover with HALF of the toppings - cheese, scallions, red onion, BBQ chicken, tomato, jalapeno and black olives.
- Top with the remaining tortilla chips and spread the remaining toppings.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is thoroughly melted.
- Serve with your favorite sides - sour cream, salsa and/or guacamole.