Although I have my go-to Chicken Marsala recipe that is just amazing, I thought I’d give a low-fat version a try.
- Check #1: Low fat, shlow mat – this recipe tastes like and is Chicken Marsala
- Check #2: It has rich flavor – the mushrooms acted like mini sponges soaking up all the wine
- Check #3: The leftovers heated up really well and dare I say — better eaten the next day
Enjoy saving the extra calories!
Low Fat Chicken Marsala
A low fat chicken marsala that TASTES like authentic chicken marsala, just without the fat!
Write a review
- 6 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts, cleaned and trimmed of excess fat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups Marsala wine (I used Holland House brand)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (optional)
- On a large plate, mix the flour and pepper and dredge the chicken breasts in it.
- Heat oil over medium heat and lightly brown the chicken (about 2-3 minutes per side). Once done, keep warm on the side.
- Add mushrooms and onion to the hot pan and stir occasionally for 5-7 minutes, or until mushrooms have reduced.
- Reduce heat and add chicken broth and Marsala wine. Add the chicken to the pan. Let simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add parsley and salt — if the sauce looks like it needs thickening, mix 1 teaspoon of cornstarch with 2 teaspoons of sauce in a small bowl until pasty. Then whisk back into the sauce and simmer.
- Serve immediately.
Fancy Fork http://www.fancy-fork.com/