Equally doughy and crispy, these Mini Pizzas with Sausage & Peppers are the perfect end to a busy day. Or, the perfect addition to a football party, or birthday party, or any party for that matter!
What nearly turned into a complete disaster resulted in deliciously amazing mini pizzas that I could eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They’re mini versions of the classic sausage & peppers dish – lots of garlic, peppers, zesty sauce, sausage bits.
So what they look like amoeba pizzas. They’re delicious amoebas with enough pressed garlic to kill a vampire. I hope you love them just the same!
- Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust (or 1 package of store bought pizza dough)
- 1/4 cup flour (for rolling out dough)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 hot sausages, casings removed (note: use sweet sausages if you don’t like spicy)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce (I used Rao’s Sensitive Sauce because I had it on hand)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, crumbled or shredded
- 3 teaspoons pecorino romano cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a pizza pan or baking sheet with cooking spray to avoid dough from sticking.
- Spread the flour on a flat surface and roll out the pizza dough with a rolling pin (until 1/2″ thick). Separate dough into 6 pizzas, doing your best to make them round (note: I did a poor job at this step, but it doesn’t affect the taste!).
- Press the minced garlic into the 6 pizzas, making sure it’s evenly distributed.
- Place pizzas onto the baking sheet and pre-bake the dough for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pan over medium-high heat, add the sausage and break it into bits with a spatula. Cook until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Add the red bell pepper to the same pan and saute until lightly charred.
- Once out of the oven, evenly dress the pizzas with: (1) sauce; (2) mozzarella cheese; (3) sausage bits; (4) red peppers; (5) pecorino romano; (6) sprinkle of oregano.
- Bake for another 8 minutes, or until crust is lightly golden and cheese is melted.