A chocolatey Nutella base with white and semi-sweet chocolate chips in each bite, these cookies will leave you going back for more and more… and more. As I did when I inhaled seven (!!!… or was it eight?) of these cookies the day I baked them.
I could have been a cartoon character: sitting on my couch at the end of the night, covered in cookie crumbs, and having no recollection of eating them at all. It’s as if I got drunk on cookies. Can you blame me? Warm cookies out of the oven? I told you, cookies are my kryptonite.
If you have some self-control, then maybe these fabulous Nutella cookies will last you past two days. They’re very soft and chewy for about 1-2 days if kept with just plastic wrap over a plate. If you’re looking for longer, they’ll extend their softness if kept in a airtight container.
Most importantly, dig in and enjoy!
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Using a large stand mixer (with paddle attachment), combine the butter, Nutella, sugars, egg and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until creamed, about 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate large bowl, whisk the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- Stop and scrape down the mixer's bowl, then slowly add the dry ingredients to it (note: put this bowl to the side, you'll use it later!). Mix on slow-medium speed until just combined, about 1 minute.
- Stop and scrape down the mixer again, this time adding the white and semi-sweet chocolate chips to the bowl. Mix for 1 minute.
- Form the dough into 2-inch balls and place in the bowl you reserved from the dry ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place the dough balls about 2-3 inches apart on a baking sheet (12 cookies per sheet). Bake for 9-10 minutes, until the edges are just set. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to two weeks (if they can last that long!).