Over the years I’ve heard so many people rave about using soup packets to create amazing recipes. It wasn’t until recently that I gave it a try and made the classic onion soup roasted potatoes. Sounds kind of strange, I know. But trust me – it’s amazing!
Kind of like a “shake and bake,” add all of the ingredients to a large zip-lock bag and toss until evenly coated. Spread the potatoes in a baking dish, then throw it in the oven for a half hour.
I have made this side dish a few times, with Hubs solidifying it as one of his favorites. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did. If you have leftovers, save them for an amazing omelette the next morning!
- 4 medium red potatoes, chopped
- 1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup Mix
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Spray a 9x12 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add the potatoes, soup mix, garlic and olive oil to a large freezer bag. Shake well, coating the potatoes.
- Evenly spread the potatoes on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with a few shakes of salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes, stir well. Bake an additional 10 minutes, or until crispy.