Just when you think cake batter cookies can’t possibly get better, something amazing happens. Oreos. Lots and lots of crushed Oreos. Oh my goodnesssss.
These cookies are magical. They’re like birthday cake that’s loaded with rainbow sprinkles, chocolate chips and Oreos. I’m forever grateful for Sally’s Baking Addiction for concocting this recipe.
Remember: the most important step to cake batter cookies is to CHILL the dough. This allows the cookies to bake nice and thick. I find it easiest to let the dough chill overnight. Don’t skip this step!
Enjoy these little bits of heaven!
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cup yellow cake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 12 Oreos, crushed
- Mix the flour, cake mix and baking soda. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars with an electric mixer. Add in the egg and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet until combined (do not over mix!).
- Fold in the crushed Oreos, chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (note: I let mine sit overnight).
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons of dough onto ungreased baking sheets (note: make each scoop “tall” like a jumbo marshmallow).
- (while in between batches, put remaining dough in fridge to stay cool)
- Bake 10-12 minutes until edges are slightly brown. Let cool on wire rack; the centers will look soft, but will set while cooling.