Mmm breakfast potatoes and eggs… my “go-to” for any diner breakfast. I’ve been making these potatoes for years and they’re always a crowd-pleaser.
Simple potatoes, with no fuss. Usually I don’t add tomatoes, but I had some extra in the fridge. Do you have extra bell peppers? Throw them in!
Bake these potatoes as you brew some coffee and snuggle on the couch. If you’d like to make these for dinner, just cut the potatoes into bigger chunks rather than dicing them.
- 5 red potatoes, chopped into small pieces
- 1 half onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes, sliced into thirds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Mix potatoes, onion, garlic and garlic together with the olive oil on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle potatoes with red pepper flakes, oregano, rosemary and generously with salt and pepper.
- Put a few dabs of butter scattered among the potato mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes, mix potatoes with a spatula and then bake for another 15 minutes.
- For the last 5-10 minutes, turn on the broiler (525 degrees) to get the ultimate crispy potatoes.