This parmesan crusted tilapia is ready within minutes, making it the PERFECT weeknight dinner.
This dish promises a few things – (1) ingredients you likely already have in your cabinet, (2) extremely fast cooking time and (3) well-rounded, robust flavors. If you like tilapia, add this recipe to your dinner circulation. It’s extra great for those nights you really-really-don’t-want-to-cook, but want to eat something delicious.
I’ll be honest – I started to become skeptical one I added mayonnaise to the Parmesan mixture. Just do it!
But you know, sometimes cooking is all about taking chances and trusting others who have created the recipe – just like Favorite Family Recipes blog, which I will be visiting more often!
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tilapia fillets (if frozen, defrosted)
- Cooking spray
- Old Bay (or favorite seafood seasoning)
- Freshly chopped parsley
- In a medium bowl combine Parmesan cheese, panko, mayo and softened butter.
- Add lemon juice, dried basil, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Set mixture aside.
- Arrange the fillets in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet, sprayed with Pam.
- Sprinkle the fillets with Old Bay seasoning. Broil for a 2-4 minutes.
- Take the fillets out of the oven, carefully flip them. Sprinkle with Old Bay and broil again for 2-4 minutes.
- Remove fillets from the oven again and evenly spoon Parmesan mixture on top of each fillet.
- Sprinkle with paprika and broil for 2 minutes, or until a golden crust is formed (note: careful! don’t overcook!).
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.