A simple roasted broccoli and peppers recipe that’s bursting with flavor. Proof: “These may be the best vegetables you’ve ever made,” said my amazing husband over dinner. SCORE! I would by lying if I said I didn’t do a little victory dance in my head.
About a year ago I tried out a Parmesan Roasted Broccoli & Onions recipe from Real Simple magazine that was simple (har, har), no mess and delicious. So I tried the recipe again off the top of my head, with my own addition of bell peppers.
It’s an easy side dish with an equally easy clean up if you line your baking dish with foil. If you have any leftovers, they work great in an Asian wok dish or chopped up in an omelette.
- 1 bunch broccoli florets, washed and separated
- 2 bell peppers, cored and chopped (I used 1 red and 1 yellow)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil (for easy clean up!).
- Spread broccoli florets and peppers evenly on baking sheet and drizzle with oil (use clean hands to mix it all together).
- Sprinkle veggies with salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the florets look “roasted” (tip: if you’re anxious turn your broiler on and keep a watchful eye so it doesn’t burn).