You know the saying, it’s officially autumn when Starbucks starts serving pumpkin spice lattes. Even when it’s 70 degrees on an early September day. Because that’s when I had my first “Non-Fat Starbucks Pumpkin Latte, No Whip” this season.
Now that it’s mid-October, it’s officially pumpkin spice latte weather. And we can all drink them shamelessly in public.
I made two servings of this creamy, spiced latte in about 10 minutes. Because you use pumpkin puree instead of syrup, you get an authentic pumpkin flavor (at least in my opinion!).
Some of my readers have commented about not knowing or having pumpkin pie spice in their grocery store. So I say, try out the DIY Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe from AllRecipes.com!
To make this latte, you basically mix a bunch of stuff in a pot…
Yeah, really good stuff. Like pumpkin puree and vanilla… and scents that basically smell like what warm, cozy sweater on a cool fall day…
Right, then…whisk it all around, use a blender or foam attachment (see above) to make it frothy, pour into two over sized mugs and enjoy!
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- Optional: whipped cream for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, whisk the milk, pumpkin puree and sugar. Cook until almost boiling.
- Turn off the heat and whisk in the vanilla and pumpkin spice.
- Using a hand mixer with a foamer attachment or a blender, process for 20-30 seconds until foamy.
- Pour into mugs, along with the coffee, and (add whipped cream, if using) sprinkle pumpkin pie spice on top.