Sometimes I forget to marinate a steak overnight. Heck, I’m lucky enough if I remember to defrost the darn thing the night before! I’m sure you’ve all been with me, and that’s why I’m bringing you a quick and easy one hour steak marinade. Surely you have one hour to spare!
Made with some of my favorites – red wine, soy sauce and garlic – this marinade turns an ordinary steak into a delicious treat.
I used flank steak for this recipe and wasn’t disappointed. If you happen to remember to marinate your steak overnight, then I certainly recommend it. However, for us last-minuter’s, this post is to remind you that your steak dinner tonight still has hope!
- 2-3 pounds steak
- Salt and pepper
- 2/3 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Season the steak with salt and pepper.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl - red wine, soy sauce, garlic, parsley and red pepper flakes. Add the steaks, coating well. Cover bowl with plastic wrap.
- Marinate the steaks for a minimum of 1 hour, or overnight in the fridge.
- Remove steak and pat them dry with a paper towel. Discard the marinade.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray. Cook the steak for about 5 minutes per side (for medium), then remove. Let rest on cutting board for few minutes before slicing.
- Season with salt and pepper before serving.