This roasted chicken dish has all the warm flavors you’re looking for on a crisp, fall day – moist chicken seasoned with fresh lemon juice, garlic and onion, along with the hearty side of roasted red potatoes and kale.
If my husband goes back for seconds, that recipe is a keeper. So it was an easy decision to make this roasted chicken recipe again in celebration of the first day of autumn! See how it’s a one pan bake? So easy. Minimal clean up.
This is a great recipe to make for 6-8 people, otherwise you’ll have yummy leftovers to enjoy for the rest of the week (which isn’t such a bad thing!). This chicken goes well with a white wine and side salad.
- 1 bunch of kale, stems and inner ribs removed
- 1 pound red potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4-5 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 10 pieces of chicken (I used legs & breast)
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. In a large roasting pan, toss the kale, potatoes, garlic, half of the lemon wedges and onion with the olive oil (note: Toss with your washed hands, it makes it much easier!).
- After tossing, season with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
- Set the chicken on a cutting board and season with paprika, salt and pepper. Repeat on both sides. Then place chicken on top of veggie mixture. Put a dab of butter on top of each chicken piece.
- Cover the pan with foil and roast the chicken in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and roast for an additional 30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.
- Add remaining half of lemon wedges and toss together.