A fun take on the traditional caprese salad, this version substitutes roasted peppers for tomatoes. Hubs and I love making our own roasted peppers (it’s so easy! recipe here), plus we always have a jar of them handy.
On this particular Sunday afternoon, I was craving mozzarella and balsamic… but of course, was out of tomatoes. Luckily I remembered the jar hiding in the cabinet and that’s how this recipe was born. Don’t you love surprises? I do!
Serve this as an appetizer during your next BBQ – it’ll be a hit!
- 5 slices fresh mozzarella
- 5 pieces of roasted peppers
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Place sliced mozzarella on a plate and top with the roasted peppers.
- Drizzle oil and vinegar on top, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and top off with fresh parsley or basil.