Every Saturday morning I peer through tangled blankets and ask Hubs what he wants for breakfast and I always get the same pleading question: “Whatever you want, but can we have bacon?”
If you want a fast pass to a man’s heart, make him bacon. And not just any kind of bacon, dress it up. And, boy, do I have just the recipe for you – rosemary black pepper bacon!
I used thick slices of turkey bacon, but feel free to use the “real thing” (<as Hubs calls it) instead. Throw it in the oven as you brew coffee or begin cooking, say some Swedish Pancakes or a Country French Omelet.
Happy weekending. 🙂
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 4 slices of thick bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a small bowl, combine the light brown sugar and water. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir well.
- Lay the bacon on the baking sheet. Evenly drizzle the sugary mixture on the bacon. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Flip the bacon, and top with rosemary and black pepper.
- Bake for another 5 minutes, or until crispy. Serve immediately.