I had this crazy idea… why not succumb to the pumpkin insanity and turn my bacon into pumpkin-spiced? With one month left to squeeze in all the pumpkin recipes as possible, I bring you a sweet-meets-savory Salted Pumpkin Spiced Bacon.
Since I’m not a huge fan of super sweet anything, the added layer of sea salt breaks it up. Kind of like salted caramels. Mmmm.
First, mix the light brown sugar, pumpkin spice and water in a bowl, then microwave it for 30 seconds. Stir until the sugar is mostly dissolved.
Next, lay the bacon (I used turkey bacon) on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake at 375 F degrees for 5 minutes.
Here’s the fun part: spoon the sugary pumpkin mixture on top of the bacon. Then, return it to the oven until it’s crispy (~10 minutes).
Sprinkle the bacon with some sea salt once it’s out of the oven, and enjoy!
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon water
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a small bowl, mix the light brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and water. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir until the sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Place the slices on bacon on the foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove bacon from oven and spoon the pumpkin spice mixture on top (~1 teaspoon each).
- Return bacon to the oven and bake until crispy (~10 minutes).
- Place bacon on a serving platter and sprinkle with sea salt.