It’s nice to dress breakfast up every now and then, no? These savory breakfast biscuits are perfect for a lazy Saturday or Sunday morning, where you let the coffee drip at a leisurely pace as you slow into your day.
Just like a pinwheel, you will ultimately spread all of the ingredients onto a crescent dough, roll it up and cut it. For these savory breakfast biscuits, I chose scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, extra sharp cheddar and sauteed onion and bell pepper.
They are cheesy, savory and everything you ever imagined breakfast could be, all rolled into a biscuit. Pick it up and eat it like a pizza, or tear it up with a fork – whatever suits your weekend morning mood.
Feel free to make these biscuits your own by substituting ingredients, adding more veggies, etc. In other words, you can’t get this wrong!
Each biscuit will come out in its own unique shape, making them even more lovely! Serve them up for breakfast or at a Sunday brunch, and watch them get devoured in seconds.
- 8 slices turkey bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onion
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 package (4 ounces) Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet, set aside.
- Place two paper towels on a dinner plate and evenly place the 8 slices of turkey bacon on it. Cover with another paper towel. Place in the microwave for 2 minutes, cooking in 30 second increments after that until it's cooked and crispy. Once cooled, crumble and set aside.
- Drizzle the olive olive on a large skillet. Saute the onion and bell pepper (sprinkle with salt and pepper) over medium heat until the onion is translucent (about 8-10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, scramble the 2 eggs in a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook in a small skillet until cooked, while breaking the eggs up with a spatula. Set aside.
- Spread the crescent roll dough on a cutting board, pinching the seams closed. Sprinkle with cheese, followed by the eggs, bacon and onion/pepper mixture.
- Carefully roll the crescent dough until you have a large log. Wrap it in plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- (Tip: Now is a great time to clean up while you wait for your dough to chill!)
- Using a serrated knife, carefully slice the log into 5 biscuits. Transfer to the baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden.