This Skinny Balsamic Rosemary Chicken is a super easy go-to weeknight dinner. Especially now in December it’s dark by 4:30pm and feels like bedtime by 6pm (ugh!).
Lightly coated in flour, this chicken is first cooked until golden brown, then coated with a reduced sweet and savory balsamic sauce. I love a potato side dish to go with this chicken! Here are a few easy ones: Crispy Oven Roasted Potatoes, Homemade Seasoned French Fries or Easy Roasted Potatoes & Carrots.
I think Hubs is beginning to like that he has his very own dedicated section on Fancy Fork. After eating this dinner, he turned to me and said, “This one is Hubs approved.” Oh my god. What have I created!
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons rosemary (fresh or dried)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 or 5 chicken breasts, cleaned
- 4 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- Olive oil
- Prepare the balsamic sauce: In a medium saucepan over medium heat the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir until boiling, then reduce to a simmer. Let it reduce to about half, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl toss the chicken with the flour until well-coated.
- Take out a large skillet and drizzle with olive oil. Once hot, add the chicken and brown on both sides. Then set cooked chicken aside.
- Reduce the heat to low. If you have a lot of liquid in your pan, drain it. Then add the chicken and evenly toss with balsamic sauce. Serve immediately on a large plate.