Crunchy, oven-baked nachos with black beans, flecks of chicken and oohy, gooey extra sharp cheddar cheese… you’re telling me these are skinny? Yes, I am! And just in time for the Super Bowl and the homestretch to the NHL playoffs.
These nachos are perfect for an appetizer or, in Hubs and I’s case, a fun weeknight dinner. I love how they’re perfect for two or serve as a game day winner for the masses.
Start by lining a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up. Then layer on your tortilla chips (I *highly* recommend Food Should Taste Good’s Multigrain Tortilla Chips — they’re amazing!!).
From there, sprinkle some black beans… red onion… chicken… extra sharp cheddar… jalapeno… then maybe some more cheese because you didn’t use it all the first time around… and you’re done! Bake for 15-20 minutes and you’ll have yourself some outstanding nachos. Skinny nachos.
And that’s it! Fresh ingredients, multigrain chips and low-fat cheese make this a no-guilt app!
- 2 cups (about 4-5 handfuls) multigrain tortilla chips
- 16 ounces black beans, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 cup low-fat extra sharp cheddar cheese or monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken or 4 chicken tenderloins (seasoned; e.g. adobo powder, chili powder, cumin) chopped and cooked
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Arrange tortilla chips on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle beans over chips, followed by half the cheese, chicken, onion, remaining cheese and jalapeno.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with salsa.