If you like quick and easy, then this coconut shrimp recipe is for you. Coated in a coconut/panko mixture, with a little sprinkle of cayenne, your taste buds get a sweet-meets-savory taste of heaven.
To complement the summery shrimp, I made a Chilled Hawaiian Bean Salad (definitely recommended – throw this together while the shrimp are in the oven!).
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (tail on)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup panko
- Cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with the beaten egg.
- On a large plate, mix the coconut flakes and panko.
- Press shrimp (one at a time) in the coconut/panko mixture until well coated. Place on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle shrimp with cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 6 minutes. If the shrimp aren't golden by 6 minutes, broil for additional 1-2 minutes.