A creamy, no-guilt strawberry banana ice cream made from strawberries, bananas, yogurt, crunchy peanut butter and ice cubes.
What separates this faux ice cream from being a smoothie is its thickness. So, if you like the idea of strawberry, banana and peanut butter… just add more milk or yogurt and you’ll have yourself a yummy smoothie.
I love ice cream, it’s up there with cookies for me. I made this faux strawberry banana ice cream tonight, leading to my first brain freeze of the year. I’m a little embarrassed that I ate it that fast – oh well! I love that it has 100% natural ingredients.
When making this, learn from my mistake: When you put the bananas in the freezer, PEEL THEM FIRST. I was able to pick the frozen skin off the bananas, but it was a pain in the butt. Save yourself the trouble. And frozen fingers.
- 3 ripe bananas, frozen and chopped (peeled)
- 5 strawberries, frozen and chopped (stems removed)
- 1/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chunky peanut butter
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: Ice cubes and milk
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.
- If you notice that your faux ice cream is TOO THICK, add a splash of milk. If it’s TOO LIQUIDY, add two ice cubes. Then, blend again.
- Serve immediately (before it melts!). Top with your favorite fruit or sprinkles.