I’m always excited to try a new slow cooker recipe, and these beef tacos are fab! Savory and versatile, you can use them in tacos (as we did) or on a bun topped with fresh veggies.
The hard work for this recipe is just browning the beef and chopping up a white onion and some garlic. Simple! The cook time is 6 hours, so go about your day and come home to a delicious dinner.
Now that football season is here, add these tacos to your game day menu to feed the masses. Hello, taco bar!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 pound beef chuck roast
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 16 ounces salsa verde
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- Tortillas, warmed
- Optional topping: avocado, cilantro, shredded lettuce
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the beef with salt, pepper and cumin. Add to skillet and brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Cover the bottom of a slow cooker with some salsa verde. Add the beef, then top with remaining salsa, onion and garlic. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours.
- Shred beef in crock pot with two forks. Pick out any fatty pieces.
- Serve the shredded beef in the warmed tortillas and top with avocado, lettuce, etc.