Lately I’ve been loving the one-dish and Crock Pot dinners that require a few chops here and there, a sprinkle of this, a smidgen of that. Set the temperature and timer and then tick-tick-tick your food is magically done!
This pulled pork recipe is just that. The easiest to throw together, and absolutely amazing to devour. With each bite it’s bursting with Mexican spices that keep you going back for more. Top with lettuce, extra sharp cheddar, chopped onion and tomato… avocado, more salsa… oh, the possibilities are endless!
Once you’ve checked this recipe off your list, check out some of my other “pulled” recipes. 🙂
- 2 pounds pork loin (I bought two pork loin “steaks” that were 1″ thick)
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 5 heaping tablespoons medium salsa
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Place pork on the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Mix the tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, salsa, light brown sugar, salt and garlic.
- Pour mixture on top of pork and cover.
- Cook on LOW for 8 hours. Once done, shred meat with two forks.
- Serve on a kaiser roll or in warm tortillas with your favorite toppings – shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese, chopped onion, lettuce, salsa, sour cream, etc.