This slow cooker sausage and peppers has hints of spiciness from the sausage, heartiness from the ground beef, sweetness from the peppers and onions, and the oh-so-perfect hints of garlic.
We bought ciabatta bread at the grocery store and piled our sandwiches high with sausage and peppers. It makes your mouth water just looking at it.
Make this on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon as you go about your day and errands. Set it all up in the morning and by dinner, you can just scoop it out and relax. If that’s not a summer evening, accompanied with a cold beer, I don’t know what is!
And unless you have a family of 4+, you’ll enjoy these leftovers for an entire week.
- 1 pound hot sausages, peeled of casing
- (about) 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 2 14.5 ounce cans Hunt’s Fire Roasted Tomatoes (or any fired roasted variety)
- 8 ounce can Tuttorosso Tomato Sauce (or your preferred variety)
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 garlic, minced
- In a large pan, brown the sausage and ground beef – breaking it up into pieces as it cooks.
- Drain meat and pour into a slow cooker.
- Mix in the fired roasted tomatoes, tomato sauce, sliced onion and peppers, along with the minced garlic.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and let cook on LOW for 5-6 hours.
- Taste test and add more salt and pepper to your liking.
- Serve over rice, on a roll or (if on a low-carb diet) by itself.